REAL SPANISH · REAL LIFE · ZERO DRAMA
SPANISH VERB
SURVIVAL KIT
Conjugate less. Communicate more. Aprende el sistema que te permite pedir, explicar, moverte, resolver problemas y hacer vida en España.
Learn the patterns you actually need to order, ask, explain, travel, sort things out and live your daily life in Spanish.
Spanish verbs are not chaos. They are a pattern.
No empieces por veinte tiempos verbales. Empieza por tres preguntas: WHO? ¿quién hace la acción?, WHEN? ¿cuándo ocurre?, y WHAT ENDING? ¿el verbo termina en -AR, -ER o -IR?
English lifeline: the verb ending often tells you who is doing the action, so Spanish frequently drops the subject pronoun. Hablo español already means I speak Spanish.
habl-ar → habl-o · com-er → com-o · viv-ir → viv-o
Keep the root, change the ending. Your brain learns patterns faster than isolated lists.hablo · como · vivo
hablas · comes · vives
habla · come · vive
hablamos · comemos · vivimos
habláis · coméis · vivís
hablan · comen · viven
-AR hablar · to speak
-ER comer · to eat
-IR vivir · to live
12 verbs you will use again and again
No son “los verbos más importantes” en abstracto. Son los que te ayudan a estar, tener, ir, pedir, preguntar, explicar y resolver cosas todos los días.
English lifeline: focus first on yo, tú and usted. You can add the other persons once the sound feels familiar.
identity / what something is
Soy nuevo en el barrio.I'm new in the neighbourhood.
where / how you are
Estoy en la farmacia.I'm at the pharmacy.
needs, age, possession
Tengo una cita a las diez.I have an appointment at ten.
movement + near future
Voy al centro en autobús.I'm going into town by bus.
tasks + weather
Hace mucho calor hoy.It's very hot today.
permission + possibility
¿Puedo pagar con tarjeta?Can I pay by card?
wants + polite requests
Quiero reservar una mesa para dos.I want to book a table for two.
arrivals + invitations
¿Vienes a tomar un café?Are you coming for a coffee?
information
¿Me puede decir dónde está Correos?Can you tell me where the post office is?
shops, food, practical actions
¿Me pone un café con leche?Can I have a white coffee?
information + skills
No sé a qué hora cierra.I don't know what time it closes.
existence: hay
¿Hay una parada de taxi cerca?Is there a taxi rank nearby?
Eight patterns that let you say hundreds of things
Aprende el primer bloque y deja el segundo verbo en infinitivo. Es una de las formas más rápidas de empezar a hablar sin miedo.
English lifeline: learn the frame, then swap the final verb. Tengo que llamar / comprar / ir / esperar / pagar...
Tengo que renovar el abono.I have to renew the pass.
¿Puedo dejar la bicicleta aquí?Can I leave the bike here?
Quiero pedir cita.I want to make an appointment.
Me gustaría reservar para mañana.I'd like to book for tomorrow.
Voy a coger un taxi.I'm going to get a taxi.
Acabo de llegar.I've just arrived.
Estoy esperando al técnico.I'm waiting for the technician.
¿Hay que pedir cita?Do you need to make an appointment?
Choose the time, not the grammar label
Piensa en una línea temporal: ahora, hoy/reciente, ayer/terminado, antes/contexto, mañana/plan. Después eliges la forma verbal.
Presente Present
rutinas, hechos y lo que pasa ahoraroutines, facts and what is happening now
- Vivo cerca de la playa.I live near the beach.
- Trabajo desde casa los viernes.I work from home on Fridays.
- ¿Tienen mesa fuera?Do you have a table outside?
Pretérito perfecto Present perfect
experiencias o acciones recientes conectadas con el presenterecent actions or experiences connected to now
- He perdido las llaves.I've lost the keys.
- Hoy he hablado con el casero.I've spoken to the landlord today.
- ¿Has probado este restaurante?Have you tried this restaurant?
Pretérito indefinido Simple past / preterite
acciones terminadas en un tiempo ya cerradocompleted actions in a finished time period
- Ayer fui al médico.I went to the doctor yesterday.
- El sábado cenamos en el centro.We had dinner in town on Saturday.
- Perdí el autobús de las ocho.I missed the eight o'clock bus.
Pretérito imperfecto Used to / was...ing
rutinas, contexto y descripciones del pasadopast routines, background and descriptions
- Antes vivía en Londres.I used to live in London.
- Cuando llegué, llovía.When I arrived, it was raining.
- Quería preguntarle una cosa.I wanted to ask you something.
Ir a + infinitivo Going to
planes e intenciones; la opción más fácil y natural para empezarplans and intentions; the easiest natural future to start with
- Voy a llamar al seguro.I'm going to call the insurance company.
- Mañana vamos a ir al mercado.Tomorrow we're going to the market.
- ¿Vas a venir esta tarde?Are you coming this afternoon?
Imperative = instructions you hear and use
You don't need to master every command today. Recognise the ones people use with you.
- Mire aquí, por favor.Look here, please.
- Espere un momento.Wait a moment.
- Siga todo recto.Go straight on.
- Gire a la izquierda.Turn left.
- Dígame su nombre.Tell me your name.
- No se preocupe.Don't worry.
Don't fear it. Recognise the trigger.
Deseo / recomendación / posibilidad + que...
Wish, recommendation or possibility often triggers the subjunctive after que.
- Espero que tengas un buen día.I hope you have a good day.
- Quiero que venga el técnico mañana.I want the technician to come tomorrow.
- Es mejor que llames antes.It's better if you call first.
- Puede que llegue un poco tarde.I might arrive a little late.
40 phrases an expat can use today
Filtra por situación. Lee el español, mira el apoyo en inglés, escucha y repite. Después cambia una sola palabra.
Do not translate word by word. Treat each line as a ready-made chunk you can pull out when you need it.
¿Me pone un café con leche, por favor?
Can I have a white coffee, please?
Quiero una tostada con tomate.
I'd like / I want toast with tomato.
¿Tienen leche sin lactosa?
Do you have lactose-free milk?
¿Podemos sentarnos fuera?
Can we sit outside?
La cuenta, por favor.
The bill, please.
Busco una talla más grande.
I'm looking for a bigger size.
¿Puedo probármelo?
Can I try it on?
Solo estoy mirando, gracias.
I'm just looking, thanks.
¿Aceptan tarjeta?
Do you accept cards?
Me llevo este.
I'll take this one.
¿A qué hora sale el próximo autobús?
What time does the next bus leave?
Voy a Málaga. ¿Es este el tren correcto?
I'm going to Málaga. Is this the right train?
He perdido mi tarjeta de transporte.
I've lost my travel card.
¿Dónde tengo que bajar?
Where do I have to get off?
¿Cuánto tarda en llegar?
How long does it take to get there?
Me duele la espalda desde ayer.
My back has hurt since yesterday.
Tengo cita con el médico a las once.
I have a doctor's appointment at eleven.
¿Puedo tomar esto con comida?
Can I take this with food?
Necesito una farmacia de guardia.
I need an on-duty pharmacy.
No me encuentro bien.
I don't feel well.
Vivo cerca del centro.
I live near the town centre.
Busco un piso tranquilo y con ascensor.
I'm looking for a quiet flat with a lift.
No funciona el agua caliente.
The hot water isn't working.
¿Cuándo viene el técnico?
When is the technician coming?
He dejado las llaves dentro.
I've left the keys inside.
Tengo una cita en el ayuntamiento.
I have an appointment at the town hall.
Quiero empadronarme.
I want to register on the local census.
¿Qué documento tengo que traer?
What document do I have to bring?
No entiendo este formulario.
I don't understand this form.
¿Me puede ayudar a rellenarlo?
Can you help me fill it in?
¿Te apetece tomar algo esta tarde?
Do you fancy having a drink this afternoon?
Llevo poco tiempo viviendo aquí.
I've only been living here a short time.
Estoy aprendiendo español.
I'm learning Spanish.
Hablo un poco, pero entiendo bastante.
I speak a little, but I understand quite a lot.
Nos vemos mañana.
See you tomorrow.
He perdido el móvil.
I've lost my phone.
Necesito ayuda, por favor.
I need help, please.
¿Puede llamar a la policía?
Can you call the police?
No encuentro mi coche.
I can't find my car.
Creo que me he equivocado de camino.
I think I've taken the wrong way.
24 tiny situations. Choose what you would actually say.
Cuatro opciones, audio, inglés, explicación inmediata, racha y XP. Los errores no restan.
This is not a grammar exam. It is a rehearsal for real life.
Can you understand the action?
No verás la frase antes de responder. Listen for meaning, not every word.
The 60-second Expat Verb Roulette
Pulsa el botón. Te damos una escena real, una misión y dos estructuras para arrancar. Habla durante 60 segundos aunque sea con frases cortas.
Short, useful and imperfect Spanish beats perfect Spanish that never leaves your head.
Pide una bebida y pregunta si puedes sentarte fuera.
Order a drink and ask if you can sit outside.
THE POCKET CHEAT SHEET
How to make the endings stick
Elige un verbo y subraya la raíz.
Spot the root.Escucha tres formas, no seis.
Start with yo, tú, usted.Di una frase que necesites hoy.
Make it personally useful.Cambia persona o tiempo.
Swap one element only.Repítela mañana sin mirar.
Retrieval beats rereading.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario